Merkato’s media training is unique because it is constantly refreshed and updated based on the actual media relations we are engaged in everyday across Canada.
Participants are introduced to the world of today’s media with vivid real-life examples from recent media interviews and news stories. We show you how to manage in both reactive/defensive situations and also how to take your positive messages to the media in a proactive ways.
Merkato shows you how to manage the media relations process, how to create quotable messages, how to answer tough questions and how to stay in control of TV, radio and print interviews.
Topics covered during our training session include:
- Understanding today’s media landscape
- The opportunities and risks
- The media relations process
- Preparing for interviews
- Developing quotable messages
- Answering tough questions
- Managing face-to face and telephone interviews
Merkato offers clients a variety of media training options including:
1. Group session (Three to four hours/unlimited number of participants)
2. Half-Day Workshop (Three to five hours/maximum four people)
3. Full-Day Workshop (Five to six hours/maximum six people)
4. The Advanced Workshop (two hours/maximum two participants)
5. Individual Rehearsal (two hours/maximum one person)