Traditional & Social Media Relations
Merkato understands the art of media relations is to combine a compelling story with newsworthy media materials, and a credible spokesperson; always supported by trusted relationships with the media.
Merkato works with print, online and broadcast journalists every day and we have strong connections with media outlets across the country. We know how to make your story the lead story. Whether it is fast-breaking ‘hard news’ or human-interest lifestyle stories, we know what reporters, editors and producers want and how to get it to them.
We also know there are times when clients need to stay out of the news, and our experience with issues management allows them to turn adversity into opportunity by sustaining consumer and public trust.
We have also been helping our clients connect with their core community and stakeholders online and via social media for many years. Whether it’s building brand audiences through blogger relations, sharing key messages and contests via Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Pinterest or managing issues in the online and social space, we can help you communicate and engage effectively with your consumers every day. (And help you build your social communities, as well.)
Merkato’s media relations and social media services include:
- Traditional and social media relations strategies
- Writing news releases and background documents
- Traditional media training and coaching of spokespeople
- Social media (SM) training, strategy and coordination of SM mentions and engagement
- Social media monitoring and analysis
- Customizing pitches to extend the story
- Conducting blogger relations
- Engaging with influencers
- Planning and managing media events
- Planning and executing cross-Canada media tours
- Organizing editorial board meetings
- Securing product placements
- Coordinating media drops
- Media monitoring and analysis